G3 ZME Telford & District Amateur Radio Society G6 ZME
G 3 Z
Can TDARS keep the G 3 Z call?
Contests where the Special Contest Callsign may be used:
ARRL DX CW Feb 16-17
Futher information from RSGB
All these guys will use G3Z and need lots of support if we are to get at least one-third of the number of QSOs of the leader station (OfCOM requirement to qualify.) We need 5 qualifying entries before the end of THIS year to continue with G3Z from 2011 onwards. It will then be valid for 3 years. Can we do it ?
Dave 'CER has neatly summarised what the contest organiser needs to do:-
- you need to find rules
- you need to find (at least) last year's results
- you need to consider what times/length of operation you could put in
- you need to consider what your set-up could do best in time/bands/modes/sections
- where will you operate from ? ( which home QTH or /P ?)
- if it's a new mode for you to ask on the reflector for advice on style of operation
- when entering the contest - try and find out if your logging software
will save the log to the correct type of log they will accept.(Cabrillo
or ADIF are general worldwide log formats for contests - Cabrillo can
come in '57 varieties though!)
Hope that answers a few queries, and encourages participation.